GPA Houston Monthly Membership Meeting
Sunday, May 23, 2021
Email sent to Board of Directors:
Boss: has a cut toe but is healing well. There are a couple of applicants interested in him; one applicant is scheduled for May 29th.
Coffee: has been in foster with Bev and Dave; so far, reports have been very encouraging as Coffee learns that the world is not as scary as he first thought. He has made good progress and will continue in foster for now.
Greta: is being treated for HGE (hemorrhagic gastroenteritis) and is slowly recovering. There is an applicant interested in meeting her when she is well.
Hefner: still Hefner - waiting to hear about a foster interest.
Koyuki: owner surrender due to owner's severe allergies. She is available - high prey drive.
Pinky: waiting on results of allergy blood test that was done last week. As an incentive for an adopter, a year's worth of Apoquel (her allergy med) has been donated.
Stevie: available - did have some interest from Louisiana but have not heard back since original inquiry.
Knight: just finished coccidia treatment and will go to Pat's for fostering and evaluation next week.
Kiowa: CT scan was clean; limping most likely to do corn. She is now available.
Toby: had his 1st heartworm treatment on the 17th; currently on prednisone (and gabapentin as needed). Second/third treatments scheduled 24 hours apart in mid-June.
Adoptions: 19 adoptions to date.
Applicants: currently, have 6 adoption applicants and 1 foster approved applicant on file. The majority of dogs remaining in the program are the more difficult to adopt dogs due to prey drive, medical, etc. Adoption Committee is working through the applicants trying to match as many dogs as possible to the applicant's needs.
Pat will follow up on changes needed, if any, on 501(c)(3) status when we transition to support mode.
Will highlight several Pups of the Month for June newsletter as we did in May. Single item Facebook auction will begin at the end of May.